Information about cookies
Due to the entry into force of the modification of the “Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce “ (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is obligatory to obtain the express consent from the user from all websites that use dispensable cookies, before the user accesses them.
What are cookies ?
and retrieve information about their visitors and provide smooth functioning of the site.
The use of these devices allows the web server to remember certain information about users, such as their preferences for viewing server pages, their name and password and products they are most interested in, for example.
Cookies affected by the regulation and cookies exempted:
According to the EU directive, cookies that require the user's informed consent are analytical, advertising and affiliate cookies; while those excepted are technical cookies, those required for the operation of a website or provision of services when these are expressly requested by the user.
Types of cookies
According to their purpose
- Technical and functional cookies: these allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services available.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users when linked to web sites. The information collected is used to measure the activity on websites, applications or platforms and to compile browsing profiles of them, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the service usage data by users.
- Advertising Cookies: these manage the advertising spaces a publisher includes on a website, application or platform in the most effective way possible; this provides the requested service according to certain criteria, such as the edited content or the frequency at which advertisements are shown.
- Advertising Cookies: these manage the advertising spaces a publisher includes on a website, application or platform in the most effective way possible; this provides the requested service, according to certain criteria, such as the edited content or the frequency at which advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these collect information about the user's preferences and personal choices (retargeting) to enable the most effective possible management of advertising spaces the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided.
- Social Cookies: these have been installed by social network platforms on services so you can share content with friends and the networks. Social media platforms can track your online activity outside of the services. This may affect the content and messages you see on other services you visit
- Affiliate cookies:These allow tracking of visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract(affiliated companies).
- Security cookies: these store encrypted information to prevent the data stored from being vulnerable to malicious attacks by third parties.According to ownership
According to ownership
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on rentention
- Session cookies: these are designed to obtain and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: these are for the data to remain stored on the terminal so it can be accessed and processed for a period established by the party responsible for it; these can be from a few minutes to several years.
Cookies used on this website
Cookies essential for the Website to perform its function. They are first-party, session and persistent cookies.
Cookies that collect information about the use of the Website. These are third party, session and persistent cookies.
Property Cookie Purpose Duration
Google ga To distinguish users. 2 years
Google gid To distinguish users. 24 hours
Google gat To limit the number of requests. 1 minute
Processing of personal data
- The Consell Insular de Menorca is the Data Controller of the Data Subject’s personal data and informs them that these data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, April 27, 2016 (GDPR), under which the following processing information is provided:
- Purposes of processing: as specified in the cookies section on the Website.
- Legitimation of processing: by consent of the data subject (art. 6.1 GDPR).
- Data retention criteria: as specified in the cookies section on the Website.
- Communication of data: data will not be communicated to third parties, unless the cookies are owned by third parties or following legal obligation.
Rights of data subject:
- To withdraw consent at any time.
- Access, rectification, portability and deletion of their data and to limit or object to its processing.
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (www.aepd.es) if it is considered that the processing does not comply with current regulations.
Contact details for exercising these rights:
Consell Insular de Menorca, Plaza de la Biosfera, 5, 07714, Maó.
How to manage cookies from your browser
Deleting cookies from your device
Cookies already on a device can be deleted by clearing the browser history, which deletes cookies from all websites visited. However, some of the saved information (e.g. login data or website preferences) may also be lost.
Managing site-specific cookies
To have more precise control over site-specific cookies, users can adjust their privacy and cookie settings in their browser.
Although most modern browsers can be set to prevent cookies from being installed on your device, this may require you to manually adjust certain preferences each time you visit a site or page. In addition, some services and features may not work properly (e.g., profile logins).
How to delete cookies from the most common browsers:
Internet Explorer. Versión 11
Firefox. Versión 65.0.1
Safari Versión 5.1